Account Executive – Virginia
Pinnacle Advertising is looking for a strategic, agile, customer-focused Account Executive (AE) who will act as the lead client liaison for the Agency and their specified client roster as dictated by the Account Manager. The AE will also serve as the Agency lead and communication hub for Internal Teams within the Agency about their client needs. The AE is responsible for the individual client’s daily management, including the development of individual client strategy/plan, meeting notes (conference reports), financial management of client’s budget, and workflow of client needs.
The Account Executive reports to their assigned Client Service Teams as well as the Client Service Group Director. This position is based in Charlottesville or Richmond, VA, working on a large automotive retail client (Tier 3). The AE is expected to work at the client’s office three days a week and continue to partake in regular client meetings post-COVID.
The Account Executive is responsible for clearly communicating with internal and external parties the different scopes of work relative to creative, media, direct, digital, and social marketing via call reports, briefs, work orders, and face-to-face meetings presentations. The AE, with the assistance of the Account Manager, will assess a client’s situation or problem and develop marketing plans to reach client goals. They will assess and provide conclusions through agency and client research tools and digital analytics. This position is client-facing with heavy client contact and responds to needs and requests on all aspects of their client needs. The AE manages account tasks including, but not limited to:
- Responsible (along with the Account Manager) for understanding and acting on the client’s objectives and the implementation of account strategy and tactics by working and communicating with all disciplines of the Agency.
- Initiates solutions and identifies opportunities for the client and the account. Display ongoing commitment and responsibility and possessing a drive and passion for client business through communication, responsiveness, and knowledge.
- Communicates regularly with the Account Manager as to the status of all accounts.
- Leads client meetings through coordination of meeting times, agenda, and development of a presentation.
- Responsible for meeting notes (Conference Report) detailing the topics, decisions & next steps.
- Responsible for some training of the Account Coordinator/Associate Account Executive on workflow processes and procedures.
- Daily management of all production for the account, including monitoring and reviewing TV/Radio spots, print/digital ads, direct mail, etc., ensuring ad has been approved by compliance and client and giving the final sign-off on all production projects sending to vendor.
- Coordinates internal meetings, developing proper timelines and budgets for all projects, and overseeing that the tasks from the different disciplines are being completed by the deadline.
- Manages client budgets and buys summaries.
- Review and interpret media & digital performance reports and analytics and present results to the client.
- Review and approve client draft invoices for media and production entries.
- Development of the client’s annual, quarterly, or monthly budgets and plans.
- Responsible for the oversight of co-op submission and the management of client co-op funds and reviewing the account monthly to ensure the client is spending their budget properly.
- Communicate direction effectively with the Art/Creative, Digital, Production, and Media/Research Departments via Creative Briefs.
- Communicate with the client to move work through the production process.
- Work with the Account Manager and the creative team on conceptual and creative ideas for ads. Bring added value by contributing innovative ideas and direction.
- Negotiate all print/digital media buys where applicable and develop relationships with these third-party vendors and media reps.
- Monitor competitive activity, current incentive programs and utilize research data to develop strategic and tactical insights.
- Development of digital creative strategy and implementation of digital production, working with the assigned digital vendor.
- Maintain current content and specials on the website as well as website compliance with the manufacturer.
- Develop an understanding of Automotive Advertising Rules & Regulations (Legal) by State/Region and Manufacturer Advertising Compliance Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advertising and/or Marketing majors strongly preferred
- 3+ Years in Advertising Account Services required
- Automotive industry experience a plus
- Ability to communicate, influence decision-makers, and build strong relationships
- Ability to travel overnight periodically as required
- Taking the initiative for creative thinking for their clients
- Working efficiently and staying organized within a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline-oriented environment
- Exceptional oral/written communication skills
- Continuously improving personal growth
- Taking responsibility for, and being accountable to, their clients
- Having flexibility in their work routine
- Maintaining a high level of quality of work
- An overachiever with a growth mindset
- Influential relationship builder
- Consultative approach to selling
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multitask with various deadlines
Pinnacle Advertising is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition or other characteristics protected by state or federal law, is prohibited.
Do you know someone who is perfect for this position? Please share.