Pinnacle Advertising is looking for a strategic, agile, customer-focused Account Executive (AE) who will act as the lead client liaison for the Agency and their specified client roster as dictated by the Account Director. The AE will also serve as the Agency lead and communication hub for Internal Teams within the Agency about their client needs. The AE is responsible for the individual client’s daily management, including the development of individual client strategy/plan, meeting notes (conference reports), financial management of client’s budget, and workflow of client needs.
The Account Executive reports to their assigned Account Director. This position can be based in either the Chicago, IL Market (Schaumburg), Scottsdale, AZ Market – working with several regional automotive retail clients (Tier 2). The AE is expected to have light travel post-Covid.
The Account Executive is responsible for clearly communicating with internal and external parties the different scopes of work relative to creative, media, direct, digital, and social marketing via call reports, briefs, work orders, and face-to-face meetings presentations. The AE, with the assistance of the Account Director, will assess a client’s situation or problem and develop marketing plans to reach client goals. They will assess and provide conclusions through agency and client research tools and digital analytics. This position is client-facing with heavy client contact and responds to needs and requests on all aspects of their client needs.
- Responsible (along with the Account Director) for understanding and acting on the client’s objectives and the implementation of account strategy and tactics by working and communicating with all disciplines of the Agency.
- Initiates solutions and identifies opportunities for the client and the account. Display ongoing commitment and responsibility and possessing a drive and passion for client business through communication, responsiveness, and knowledge.
- Communicates regularly with the Account Director as to the status of all accounts.
- Leads client meetings through coordination of meeting times, agenda, and development of a presentation.
- Responsible for meeting notes (Conference Report) detailing the topics, decisions & next steps.
- Responsible for some training of the Account Coordinator/Associate Account Executive on workflow processes and procedures.
- Daily management of all production for the account, including monitoring and reviewing TV/Radio spots, print/digital ads, direct mail, etc., ensuring ad has been approved by client and giving the final sign-off on all production projects sending to vendor.
- Coordinates internal meetings, developing proper timelines and budgets for all projects, and overseeing that the tasks from the different disciplines are being completed by the deadline.
- Manages client budgets and media buy summaries.
- Review and interpret media & digital performance reports and analytics and present results to the client.
- Review and approve client draft invoices for media and production entries.
- Development of the client’s annual, quarterly, or monthly budgets and plans. · Responsible for the oversight of approving supplemental commitment submissions and reviewing the account monthly to ensure the client is spending their budget properly.
- Communicate direction effectively with the Art/Creative, Digital, Production, and Media/Research Departments via Creative Briefs.
- Communicate with the client to move work through the production process.
- Work with the Account Director and the creative team on conceptual and creative ideas for ads. Bring added value by contributing innovative ideas and direction.
- Monitor competitive activity, current incentive programs and utilize research data to develop strategic and tactical insights.
- Development of digital creative strategy and implementation of digital production.
- Develop an understanding of Automotive Advertising Rules & Regulations (Legal) by State/Region and American Honda Advertising Compliance Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advertising and/or Marketing majors strongly preferred
- 3+ Years in Advertising Account Services required
- Automotive industry experience a plus
- Ability to communicate, influence decision-makers, and build strong relationships
- Ability to travel overnight periodically as required
- Taking initiative for creative thinking for their clients
- Working efficiently and staying organized within a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline-oriented environment
- Exceptional oral/written communication skills
- Continuously improving personal growth
- Taking responsibility for, and being accountable to, their clients
- Having flexibility in their work routine
- Maintaining a high level of quality of work
- An overachiever with a growth mindset
- Influential relationship builder
- Consultative approach to selling
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multitask with various deadlines
Pinnacle Advertising is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition or other characteristics protected by state or federal law, is prohibited.