Pinnacle Advertising is looking to fill the role of Financial Analyst. The ideal candidate will be a top academic performer with an understanding of accounting processes and be a driven, high-energy, customer service-focused individual that can perform consistent successful outcomes with the internal and external customer at all levels. Additionally, prioritizing in a fast-paced environment is key to success, with self-motivation, analytic aptitude, and exceptional multitasking ability are crucial skillsets needed.
In this role, you will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions, and exercise superior business judgment while interfacing with internal and external organizations with the ultimate goal of ensuring timeliness in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment.
This position will be a member of the Finance & Accounting team and report to the Chief Financial Officer. The position will be based in Scottsdale, AZ. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Support accounting process for month-end close and prepare monthly journal entries and schedules as needed
- Partner with accounting and media teams on client budgets in Advantage and leverage data for revenue forecasts
- Be one of the experts on staff in our software, tools, and data to ensure data integrity in all analysis and reporting provided to managers, executives, clients, external partners, and company leadership
- Perform revenue and deferred revenue analytics and trends to provide visibility into relationships and drive revenue optimization initiatives
- Drive processes to ensure proper accounting treatment, cross-functional alignment, and broader business strategy
- Develop and manage budget and forecasts for the company and work cross-functionally with key business partners in the development and management of their budgets
- Complete monthly variance reporting for company, department, and clients
- Build models to analyze data, explain variances and prepare presentation materials
- Partner with the business to provide insight on spending trends, cost-saving initiatives, and recognition of key trends
- Creating various reporting tools for analytics and ad hoc requests
- Performance variance and trend analysis while highlighting risks and opportunities in relation to budget, forecast, and prior years
- Special projects including the automation of reports and processes and assisting with the implementation of budgeting software
- Support the CFO on critical projects, analysis, and ad hoc requests
- Other accounting tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline required
- A minimum of 2 years in finance or accounting experience
- Experience in research, analysis, and proposal presentations required
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks, Advantage, or other accounting software required
- Team player with start-up or advertising agency experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
- Understanding of accounting concepts with strong attention to detail
- High level of analytical ability used in solving complex problems
- A self-motivated work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Be part of a great team, but capable of operating independently – managing relationships, deliverables, and expectations
- Demonstrated aptitude to consult and diagnose issues, problem solve and implement plans to drive solutions
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into clear, actionable insights
- Ability to understand business processes and implications to make strategic recommendations
Pinnacle Advertising is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law, is prohibited.
Do you know someone who is perfect for this position? Please share.