The Pinnacle Advertising Accounting team is looking to fill the role of Staff Accountant. In this role you will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions and exercise superior business judgement, while interfacing with internal and external organizations with the ultimate goal of ensuring timeliness in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment.
Locations: Greater Phoenix or Greater Chicago Areas
- Accurately and efficiently processing accounts payable invoices for all three of our companies
- Obtain appropriate invoice approvals, code and enter in Advantage Software either manually or through csv import functionality
- Serve as primary contact for staff and vendors concerning Accounts Payable inquiries and issues, responding in a timely manner
- Research, analyze and resolve more complex payment and vendor discrepancies ensuring accurate accounting, system functions and compliance with applicable controls
- Develop and maintain KPI’s and metrics related to AP
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Organize weekly check and EFT payment runs
- Develop and maintain supporting schedules and vendor worksheets
- Monitor vendor record information and request updates as needed
- Manage American Express Corporate program and expense report processing
- Prepare and issue annual 1099 and 1096 forms
- Analyze processes, initiate and oversee implementation of process improvement initiatives within AP to drive efficiencies
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company policies
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Media, Account Services and across the company
- Provide education and training to internal & external clients on related items
- Actively participate in month, quarter and year-end close activities
- Other accounting tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline required
- 1-2 years of accounting experience required
- Experience with Concur or other expense report applications required
- Experience with Quickbooks, Advantage Software or other accounting software and advanced Microsoft Excel skills. If you don’t have these skills, you will be expected to learn them on the job.
- Strong understanding of accounting processes
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, and customer service-focused.
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional multitasking ability
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Possess a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Be part of a great time, but capable of operating independently – managing relationships, deliverables and expectations
The Ideal Candidate has
- Team player with start-up or advertising agency experience a plus
- Possess a passion for building processes and structures necessary in a start-up environment.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment is key to success
Pinnacle Advertising is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition or other characteristics protected by state or federal law, is prohibited.